If you are interested in doing postgraduate research at Durham University on a topic related to my academic interests I’d be delighted to hear from you. Note that all postgraduate students at Durham have two (or occasionally three) supervisors. If you require funding for your tuition fees and living costs you may be able to apply for a studentship from one of the funding schemes administered by the University. The schemes vary depending on your proposed field of study and your nationality. All the schemes are highly competitive and awards are made only to the best applicants. The deadlines for most schemes are early in the calendar year (e.g. end of January or beginning of February) for entry in the following October. If you have an excellent academic record and an interesting research idea I will be able to help you develop your funding application provided you contact me well before the deadline (before the end of November is ideal). Please contact me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with answers to the following questions:
- What is your proposed field of research?
- Do you require studentship funding? If so, are you a European Union citizen?
- Have you contacted any other academics at Durham University about postgraduate studies? If so, whom have you contacted?
Please also send me:
- A concise CV including information about your academic background and educational qualifications.
- A sample of your academic writing.
I look forward to hearing from you.